Saturday, July 12, 2008

Some Stuff Off My Chest ... Bad Doctors


Well, let me get this off my chest.

Julie's oncologist sent her to Dr. V, a surgeon, to get a biopsy of a lymph node on Julie's neck that was suspect.

Dr. V, sent her to a ear, eyes, and nose doctor, Dr. M. Why, because Dr. V thought something was wrong with Julie's vocal cords, and he was right. Well, Dr. M, looked at Julie across the table, pretending to be Dr. House, and told her nothing was wrong with her vocal cords. He is an idiot. He never put a scope down her throat. Guess what, Dr. M, there were nodules from the cancer on her vocal cords.

Dr. M would also not use the cat scans that were already done because they were on the computer and he doesn't use the computer. Of course not, he is an out-dated idiot. He sent her for more cat scans, which confirmed his deviated septum diagnosis. Idiot, zero problem solving skills.

Then Dr. M to make it worse, tried to talk her into some operations on her nose, deviated septum. Idiot. She has had the same septum her whole life, she only had breathing for the two months before she saw you, Dr. M. Then, to continue the stupidity, he started her on determining what she was allergic to. Cats and dogs. Guess what, we have lived with cats and dogs forever. Idiot. That was causing her breathing problems, nothing was wrong with her lungs. Idiot. All of this without an exam, just playing house.

If he had looked down her throat with a scope, I assume he would have been a good enough doctor to notice that she had growths on her vocal cords. That would have got her treatment a month earlier and with this cancer, that could have been a huge difference. Dr. V wasn't perfect either. He did not follow the oncologist's directions to take a biopsy of a lymph gland on her neck. She had to go back there a second time, after she went through the Dr. M circus.

Anyway, I am very angry with Dr. M and his incompetence and the six weeks of time he lost my wife while he was an idiot and the cancer was growing inside of her. I would go see him, but in my youth I punched people in the face that made me this angry. I am not sure I have outgrown that tendency.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Learn more about deviated septum and less invasive treatment options at http://www.obstructednose.com