Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tough Day on the Farm

Some days are harder than others.  It is hard to know in advance that a day is going to be one of those character building days, but once you are in the middle of it, you know you are there.

My wife had a rough night, I tried to sleep through her being sick, but my sleep was broken.  She went downstairs to not bother me.  I went down to check on her.  She was on the love seat when I got up and went downstairs without my usual shower.  I had meetings at 8:30 and needed coffee more than a shower.

My daugther missed her class again.  She got her psychriatrist to give her an excuse.  Ya, the sorrow is making it harder on her, but her procrastination is her real villian.  She says it is depression that is keeping from doing her assignments and planning.  I think it is her attitude that she can survive doing everything the last minute is killing her.  She almost takes pride in her ability to do assignments three nights in a row without sleep.  Really hard on the dad.

Consulting work went well.  Talked with the lawyer and co-inventor on my lastest patent.  I continue to make other people rich.  I sell my soul and patents for consulting fees.  The rich get richer, the middle class struggles on.

Worked hard on my day job, did okay.  It is hard to manage the bosses at times.  I am smarter, older, and wiser, and still it is all I can do to keep my bosses going in the right direction.  The younger rebellious engineers identify with me.

Then I walked the dog a couple of miles, made some supper, cookied some cookies, and then watched American Idol with my wifeeee.  I wanted to work on my business taxes, but running out of steam.  I still have to collect the trash and take it out.  I want to read a little on the Shack, but I think I am running out of steam.  I think I said that already.  I've had a bottle of wine, to kill the pain, and took time to write this blog and a couple of others.  Hopefully I can get up earily and catch up.

No comments: