Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Coffee and Julie


Coffee and Julie

Update on Julie.   She took two Tykerbs last night and was up most of the night half throwing up and half belching.  The Tykerb is important since it is really the only drug the doctors have to keep the cancer out of her brain.  The first time she took it she broke out in a rash, which she now thinks was Shingles (adult chicken pocks).  The belching has been going on for awhile, although last night was more severe.  She is tapering off on her steroid medicine, which we are hoping is the culprit.

Anyway, Julie is sleeping and I am working. I am just as tired as normal.  I buy and drink lots of coffee these days.  I mix decaf and regular so I have to drink twice as much coffee to get the same amount of drugs (caffine).  It would be hard to function otherwise.

No comments: