Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chocolates and Falling Down

Two nights ago Ashton was so wired up there was a gleam in his eyes.  He was running in circles, barking, biting the cats and even snarled at me.  He was insane.  I kept asking Julie what was wrong with him.  We both said it was like he was on drugs, perhaps chocolate.  But, his heart was not racing like the last time he ate chocolate and we got him to throw up.

Friday morning we got up and near the back door there were wrappers, torn up papers, and what was left of a box.  The UPS guy had put his delivery, a box of chocolates from Jeff and Patty, under a lamp post that is in disrepair.  What was he thinking.  What is wrong with the front porch.  Who would think of looking in the back yard under the lamp post.

The lamppost was actually laying on what was left of the box.  Inside were five of what was about twenty or more pieces of chocolate.  Julie ate three of them, I ate two.  Ashton had 15 or 20.  It is amazing that he didn't poison himself.  His relationship with the cats will take a time to repair.

Jule got measured for her mask for her radiation treatments for the cancer in her brain on Thursday at Christiana (Helen Graham Cancer Center).  They sent the 3D model of the cancer to Union Hospital.  They did a dry run on Friday with the 3D and the radiation machine, but without any radiation.  They are verifying the model is working accurately and will start firing real bullets on Monday.  I plan to take Julie in and then leave for Olean when it is done.  Allison is going to come down and take her for her treatment on Tuesday morning.  We are looking for friends to help for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Julie got another Petscan today to see if cancer is back in her body.  We will know the results early next week, I suspect.

Tonight Julie got up to walk from the couch to the kitchen.  She started around the coffee table and then started leaning to the right and then almost in slow motion fell down.  She went down slowly enough that I knew she wasn't hurt, but it didn't inspire confidence in me of her ability to take care of herself while I am gone.

Julie has been the most discouraged since this whole cancer thing started.  She can't read.  Today when she finished the petscan she was not able to call me to tell me that she was done -- she couldn't read her phone.  She just waited on a bench outside the hospital until I showed up.  I was in the coffee shop near by waiting for her call.  It seemed about time, so I  walked over and found her.  I'm a little bummed at the moment.

No comments: