Thursday, February 26, 2009

julie getting MRI

I'm at the hospital with Julie, she is getting an MRI. She has lost vision in her lower right quadrant in both eyes. There are also some balance problems and a little weakness on her left side.Eye doctor sent her to her cancer doctor who sent us her. The doc more or less ruled out a stroke. She has already put Julie on a steroid to reduce any swelling in her brain. Julie has been having headaches and trouble reading for about two weeks.
They will probably put her on a second drug in addition to herceptan, called Tykerb.  Will get more information.. I think radiation treatment might be another option...my thoughts are not as clear as  normal. As if I knew what was normal anymore. I don't think Julie should be driving, so I am concerned about the second week in March when I am supposed to go meet my new boss in upstate NY. I guess one hour at a time. We have an appointment to get the results of the MRI about 9 am  tomorrow. I will update this blog then.

No comments: