Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oman Hotel

I'm in a plush hotel in Oman, drinking a beer during Ramadhan. I'm told it is okay in my room. If caught drinking or eating in public during day light, you go to jail. I guess you stay longer if alcohol is involved. They say Saudi is worse. I don't know how.

Despite these rules, the towns are very modern with no homeless people to be seen on the streets. People are very friendly here and very hospital. Of course, this hotel is $300 per night, so they are paid to be friendly.

You need a license for everything, kind of like our system where you are taxed on everything. Anyway, what I wonder about at the moment is how Julie is doing. My phone doesn't work here and just to make sure, I broke the screen. I get back to Philly on Friday, Sept 5, around 2 pm. Julie has written twice, but it has been two days since I heard from her. She told me Ashton was not sleeping with her, so that makes me worried. He knew she was sick before the doctor's knew. I hope he is just upset that I am not there. I am upset that I am not there, so we agree.

I got up at 4 am to work on another project and now I am tired. Anyway, any of you with a phone, give Julie a call to see how she is and then leave a comment or drop me an email. Thanks.

No comments: