Tuesday, July 14, 2009

From Wyoming Thinking of Julie

I'm sitting in a parking lot at an Exxon La Barge plant waiting to take
a drug test after a 90 minute drive from our hotel in Rock Springs.
Nothing much happened on the ride, saw one Antelope.

I had a text conversation with my daughter Allison last night. She
graduated a couple of months ago with a double Masters in Therapy and
counseling and has not been able to find a job. We also talked about
getting Julie some pot since her stomach is upset a lot from the oral
cancer medicine, Tykerb. The doc just said 'try it' knowing that modern
medicine does not have anything that works. in our case, it is good
that the moral majority has lost the war on drugs with their Plan A,
which was formulated in the 50's and never changed despite 50 years of
failure. I digress.

On Julie's last MRI 10 days ago, her brain seems to be still free of
cancer. However, they did see some anomoly on her skull, in the layers
adjacent to the bone. They hope it is just damage from the radiation,
but she is scheduled for a spinal tap the last week of July when I get
back from Wyoming. Both girls pass out when they get shots, or see
shots, so I did not think they should be involved.
Its 46 and windy here this morning, although I heard hot weather is on
the way, in the high 90's. Not being a doubter, im going to buy a wind
breaker at Walmart near our hotel tonight.

Well, more later. Oh yea, Olesia is visiting with her boyfriend at the
beach. She is more or less avoiding spending time with Julie, and to a
lesser extent with me. Her makeup emotionally is a lot like me but with
40 less years of life under her belt. I remember how hard my dad dying
was on me at 19, and it happened quicker without having to face it every
day slowing creeping into the room.

No comments: