Saturday, December 27, 2008

Julie in Paris


Doesn't Julie look pretty in this picture.  A certain amount of contentment on her face.  She is in Paris looking at artwork done centuries ago.  I only regret that we didn't stay longer.  Four days in Paris is not long enough, but as usual, I learn only after making a mistake, seldom before.
Palace of Versailles and Art Work of Jeff Koons. 
Whow what a castle.  I have never seen anything like it, or imagined, anything like it.  The amount of wealth measured in the human effort to create it is absolutely amazing.  It is audacious beyond belief.  There is a room, about a football sized room, that has paintings, huge paintings around the circumference.  It shows seven centuries of victories by France against its neighbors.  But, building castles and winning wars took it toll.  Soon the bellies of the people, the empty bellies, caused an uprising that overturned the powerful.  The castle is now just a symbol of those times, a beautiful symbol, but nothing more.  And we were there.  I appreciate the insight it gives me to America.  Julie, I suspect, appreciates the art.  She has the talent to do great things in art, but probably not the opportunity to get the exposure required to make it as an artist.
Now, isn't that a beautiful couple.  Whats the name of the river that runs through the middle of Paris.  Well, it is behind us in this picture artfully composed by myself.  I lost the battery to my good camera and this is my cell phone bringing you these classy pictures. Yes, it was cold, but it briefly stopped raining to allow this picture.

This is Julie in a small cafe next to Notre Dame.  We had hot wine and crepes.  Julie had some messed up carmel crepes, ugh, while I had some maple, cream and banana crepes.  I would have had another glass of hot wine, but service in Paris is not all that good.  But, they make up for it by being very expensive and speaking French.
I am going to put together a google web-show of the pictures and put a link in this blog, but for now, one last picture.
These are cat mummies from Egypt in a Paris Museum.  For all of you cat lovers, perhaps we could restart this old custom.  It makes great stuff to put in your display cabinets at home.  More later from Julie and Robert, back from Paris.

No comments: